Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Want to maximise your 2016 tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now
Try Tim now

Change of employment in tax year, one form to be submitted or two?

Posted 9 May 2016 under Tax Q&A
Florentia says:
9 May 2016 at 14:02

What happens if I change employment in one tax period? Do I add the totals and put those amounts in my tax return or do I submit two tax returns for the same tax year?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 May 2016 at 14:09

Please note if you use TaxTim to complete your tax return, he will ask you if you received more than one PAYE 5 certificate - and then you will add the additional certificate's info separately. If you are not using TaxTim, yes you will have to add the elements together and declare all in one tax return. Please do not submit two tax returns, this may confuse the assessment of your tax.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.