Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact

Claiming costs for building my house.

Posted 24 June 2015 under Tax Q&A
Wencel says:
10 June 2015 at 12:47

Can I claim the expenses incurred for the construction of my house?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
10 June 2015 at 12:56

If the house will be occupied by yourself and your family, this will be known as your personal dwelling. Costs incurred for the construction of your personal dwelling and your personal expenses are not tax deductible. You can only claim a portion if a portion of the home is leased to a third party, but then you have to declare the income as well.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started