Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Want to maximise your next tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now
Try Tim now

Claiming expenses against S&T allowance received

Posted 25 June 2015 under Tax Q&A
Jonas says:
11 June 2015 at 13:49

How to claim expenses incurred with the S&T allowance received as income?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
11 June 2015 at 16:36

The expenses can be claimed under the Tax Deductions section, if you did not see the expenses it means you did not setup "tax deductions" in your return correctly. To correct this please click on the SETUP button under Tim's picture, next to the question bubbles. There are various schedules from the tax return to choose to complete and insert in the final tax return. Please note there are more than one page to choose from, and the first page will show the schedule which relates to tax deductions. Click YES. Then click to continue/start the conversation with Tim. The section selected for tax deductions will now show in the questions. You can continue to complete your claims against the S&T allowance. Remember your claims are limited to the total allowance received on your tax certificate.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.