How do I treat pension pay out in my tax reurn?

Lukas says:
23 June 2015 at 9:42

Say if I have worked for 2 employers during the tax year and received a pension pay out from the previous employer. How do I treat this pension pay out in my tax return?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 June 2015 at 9:54

Tim will guide you through the pension pay-outs and how it should be entered in the return, just make sure in your SETUP (under TaxTim's face) you go and select schedule 4 which relates to pension pay out from withdrawal and resignation. Just to warn you, the pay-outs are taxable in full if the pension fund was not transferred to a new fund, i.e. if you take the cash. The pension was supposed to provide you with a tax directive with a tax certificate stating the amount paid out and the tax deducted. Please submit this with your tax return.

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.