Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact

I moved from one company to the the other in the same year

Posted 7 June 2017 under Tax Q&A
Kootjie says:
7 June 2017 at 11:09

I moved from one company to the the other in the same year, how do I enter the details of my PAYE 5 certificates?

This query relates to question 3368 "Please enter the date within the %season% tax year you were employed FROM as per this certificate.(likely 1 March %prevseason1%)" in the PAYE 5 Employee Tax Certificate section.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
7 June 2017 at 16:31

You are supposed to have 2 PAYE 5 certificates, one from your current employer and one from your previous employer. The certificates information you will then enter separately.

When you completed all the questions for the 1st PAYE 5 certificate, Tim will ask you the below question:
%u20AC%u0153Well done, you've updated your tax return with THIS PAYE 5 certificate! Did you receive another PAYE 5 certificate from a employer? If so, please get this one out now.%u20AC

Here you can say yes and then complete the information for your 2nd certificate.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started