Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Want to maximise your 2016 tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now
Try Tim now

Is the out of town allowance taxable?

Posted 18 August 2016 under Tax Q&A
Nqobile says:
18 August 2016 at 10:02

Is the out of town allowance taxable?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
18 August 2016 at 13:55

Yes - the allowance is also referred to as an S&T allowance or subsistence and travel allowance, which is taxable.

Your employer need not withhold the tax on your pay, but it should reflect on your tax certificate, which is then taxed in your tax return.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started