Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact
Want to maximise your 2017 tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now

Other expenses incurred in the production of income

Posted 29 June 2017 under Tax Q&A
Etienne says:
29 June 2017 at 11:54

On page 3 of the blue tax form, in the line "other expenses incurred in the production of income" I am entitled to deduct my contributions to an income protection policy. Where do I enter this amount on TaxTim?

This query relates to question 3883 "You are not subject to ring-fencing." in the Ring-fencing section.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 June 2017 at 12:00

Please enter the contributions under the "retirement section".

We will amend the questions in future to cater for income protection policy - but you can enter it under either of the 3 options provided.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started