Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact

Pension fund refund

Posted 27 June 2016 under Tax Q&A
Am says:
26 June 2016 at 16:37

I received a payout from my pension fund (from my former employer) during the tax year. In the "Pension and Provident Fund Refunds" section, do I enter the gross or after tax amount received from the Pension Fund (this is under "Enter the amount received from the Fund")?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 June 2016 at 8:53

Please add the gross amount. The tax deducted you can add separately with the tax payments section.

In the section where you can add tax payments made, please then add the PAYE withheld from the payout.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started