Rental income from a second property.

Yoyo says:
10 June 2016 at 11:36

Am I a provisional taxpayer if I made a loss out of my additional property I'm renting out. And also what can I deduct as expenses from my rental income.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
10 June 2016 at 12:56

You will only be required to register as a provisional taxpayer if you earn additional N$5,000 outside of your employment.

Expenses you may claim against rental income include rates and taxes, insurance, water and electricity, repairs, interest on the mortgage bond, etc.

Be careful of your losses being ring-fenced - for more details, see our article on Ring-fencing.

Hope this helps.

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.