Tax refunds

Elijah says:
20 June 2015 at 9:12

Whe are you eligible for a tax refund if you are not employed full time? Regards

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 June 2015 at 19:26

A person is only eligible for a tax refund, if you are a registered taxpayer and complete a tax return. A refund happens when you were taxed more than the scale of income you fall in. For example your total income for a tax year was less than 50,000 and you were taxed on income you received from part-time work, you can claim the refund through submitting a tax return. As income below 50,000 per year is not taxable (For tax years 2013 up to 2015). Remember the income declared in the tax return should be all the income received from all different sources. So if you had 3 part-time jobs in a tax year, the income from all 3 jobs should be declared in one return. You can only claim a refund if you are registered for tax. Visit our blog on how to register as a tax payer.

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.