Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact

VAT Refunds as Income

Posted 16 July 2015 under Tax Q&A
Wouter says:
25 June 2015 at 14:58

If you are a registered for VAT and your receive VAT refunds, do you have to declare that refunds as a income on your TAX return? If so, under which section will that be?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 June 2015 at 15:39

VAT refunds are not taxable, you need not declare the income.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started