Earn under R350,000? Click here to see why you still need to file to get your Tax Refund.
Want to maximise this year's tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now
Try Tim now

What is the difference

Posted 15 June 2016 under Tax Q&A
Polo says:
15 June 2016 at 17:33

What is the difference between Housing allowance and housing allowance excess in conjunction with Tax

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
15 June 2016 at 17:46

We have never heard of the term "housing allowance excess in conjunction with Tax"

What it could mean is the total housing allowance which you receive made up of the non-taxable portion as well as the taxable portion - this is normally shown on your payslip.

The housing allowance which is completed on your tax certificate is normally only the taxable portion of the allowance.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.