Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact
Want to maximise your next tax refund?

TaxTim will help you fill in your tax return step-by-step.
Be done with tax in 20 minutes or less!

Try TaxTim now

When I receive a travel allowance, can I claim motor vehicle expenses on my tax return for 2016

Posted 13 June 2016 under Tax Q&A
Moja says:
12 June 2016 at 19:48

Can I claim motor vehicle expenses, fuel and oils and interest on installment sale when I was using the vehicle for business purposes? In addition, I received a travel allowance every month.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
13 June 2016 at 8:11

Yes, you will be able to claim running costs, i.e. fuel, oil, insurance, license, etc costs, but you won't be able to claim the capital allowance on the vehicle. Please refer to our blog on claiming car expenses.

Get Inland Revenue Tax Dates and Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when tax season is open and when it closes. Nothing more.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started