Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact

Can I claim tax relief for my children?

Posted 24 February 2019 under Tax Q&A

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A Bookmark the permalink.

Solomon says:
12 February 2019 at 21:24

Can I claim tax relief for my children?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
13 February 2019 at 8:06

Yes, you can claim tax relief of 2500 per child up to a maximum of 4 children. The children should however be unmarried, less than 16 years old or receiving full time instruction in a recognised educational establishment, or was under articles or indentures in a trade or profession.

Get Internal Revenue Tax Deadlines in your Inbox

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Let TaxTim
help you
submit your
Tax returns!

TaxTim will help you:
  • Do Your Tax Return Easily
  • Avoid penalties
  • Save money
Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Get started